You have an event to go to and you cannot find formal wear anywhere! The styles are not what you’re looking for, the dresses you like do not fit properly or look the way you thought it would, and you cannot find your size. If you are a woman, you know exactly how this feels. Shopping for evening wear can be frustrating and depressing, but it does not have to be that way. You shouldn’t have to settle for something you do not really want/like because you do not think you can find something else or there are no better options. This is the main reason why many women decide to go the custom dress route. Having a custom dress designed for you will make sure you get exactly what you want. The process may differ based on the designer but if you are looking for an original TALINE custom dress, the process is simple:
- Meet with Taline the designer, to discuss your preferences. Provide as much information as possible so that you are truly satisfied with the final product. These are just a few of the questions that you will need to go through when you speak to Taline for the first time about your formal wear:
- Formal wear type: Are you looking for a cocktail dress, an evening gown, a suit etc.? Knowing the type of formal wear you are looking for will help Taline design the perfect custom dress for your occasion.
- Style preferences: What kind of custom dress are you looking for? Do you like long sleeves or short sleeves? Do you like simple, elegant cuts or are you looking for something sexier? Do you prefer a v-neckline or spaghetti straps? Taline will work with you to understand what your likes/dislikes are and provide her expertise on what would look great on you!
- Silhouette: A-line, mermaid, or empire cut – what type of silhouette do you prefer? Each silhouette accentuates different parts of the body. Taline will guide you in the right direction to choosing the perfect silhouette.
- Colour: Do you know what colour you want to wear to your special function? Taline will provide you with her suggestions on what colours will look great on you for your custom dress.
- Timing: How soon will you need your custom dress?
- Fabric: Do you have a preference on the type of fabric used? Taline can tell you the benefits/drawbacks of different kinds of fabrics so that you choose something that fits your needs.
- Taline will put together some sketches based on your preferences and will review these illustrations with you to create the perfect custom dress for you
- Once you choose the style that you like, the pattern of the custom dress is created
- Several fittings are done after the pattern is made to ensure proper fit
- After the final touches on the evening wear are completed, you can take the dress home!
It’s as simple as that! And the result is a beautiful, custom dress, jumpsuit or suit, just the way you imagined it!