Valentine’s Day proposals are so common. After all, it is the day of love, so it makes sense that a man would want to pop the question on such a romantic day. A wedding proposal is probably the most nerve-wracking experience for men and coming up with the perfect night can be stressful. Here are a few ideas for a special date night where you can pop the question:
- Romantic Dinner: You can always go the traditional route and propose after a very romantic dinner at a favourite restaurant, or one that your bride-to-be has always wanted to try but hasn’t had a chance yet. There are a lot of romantic restaurants in Toronto with great food. Here are a few you can try: Alo Restaurant, Blu Ristorante, or Terra to name a few. Don’t forget to make a reservation, especially on Valentine’s Day!
- Personal Chef: Food, food, and more food. They always say that people show their love through food. What better way to spend an evening than with a professional chef cooking for you in the comfort of your own home? Gourmet food, wine and the love of your life by your side, it’s hard to image anything better.
- Chocolate Workshop: Chocolate is a girl’s best friend. I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t like chocolate, so why not incorporate it into a special evening with your girl? You can attend a chocolate making workshop together and surprise her with a box of chocolate and some bling. Check out some chocolate workshops in the GTA, such as Chocolate Tales or, you can try a special Valentine’s Day chocolate tasting session at Soma in the distillery district.
- Sleigh Ride: Romance will be swirling in the air with a beautiful sleigh ride in the great outdoors. It’s a perfect way to cuddle up to your loved one with a nice blanket and enjoy the breathtaking scenery. The horses are of course my favourite. You can pull over somewhere special and pop the big question and maybe have some hot chocolate to warm up!
- Dinner For Two, Cooked By You! There’s nothing more romantic than a man cooking for his sweetheart. Hopefully this isn’t the first time you’ve cooked a meal before, but even if it is, I have faith in you. A candlelight dinner, cooking your girlfriend’s favourite meal is sure to melt any heart
- Niagara-On-The-Lake: Wine and dine in the charming Niagara-on-the-lake region, one of my favourite destinations year-round. There’s so many great wine/food tasting options that you could attend. It’s a great way to learn about the wine making process and some ideas about wine and food pairings. Tours can range from $15-$175, depending on what you’re looking for from the tour. Peller Estates has several different packages, and you can check out…
- Ice Skating: If you live in Canada, ice skating is a winter sport that you’re very familiar with, and hopefully love. There are several places you could go for ice skating, but if you want to do something a bit different and romantic, you can take your sweetheart to the ice skating trail through the Muskoka forest at Arrowhead Provincial Park. The trail is lit up at night with tiki torches, making it even more beautiful. You can also try Light the Night at Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery. It’s a 1.2 km Cranberry Ice trail, lit up with hundreds of tiki torches. Don’t worry about skates if you don’t have any, they have rentals onsite. Make it a weekend trip and enjoy the great outdoors!
- A Special Place: Last but not least, you can always take your girl someplace unique to you both. It could be the place where you first met, or where you went on your first date, or someplace that means something to both of you.
Whatever you decide, it will be perfect!